Sunday, August 28, 2011

remembering

Writing Challenge, Day 9

Sim's reply. This is again loosely based on actual events. The Friendster message similar to this did exist, I was just sorry I wasn't able to save it when I closed my account (it would've been buried by the tons of spammed messages I received over the years).

* * *
Miro has sent you a message!
Hi Bryan!
Of course I remember you! Who would ever forget the Mariah Carey cassette tapes you always carry with you? Ikaw na lang ata ang kakilala ko nun na gumagana pa ang Walkman. :-) Do you still replay "Breakdown" over and over again? Memorized mo na siguro yung part ng Bone Thugs, no?
Thank you for your letter. Honestly medyo na-shock ako sa revelation. I don't know how would I have reacted then--as I am reacting now--pero one thing's for sure: hindi naman kita sasapakin. Hehe. I would like to think that the outcome would've been more positive. I'm kinda easy, you know. ;-P
I've never denied who I really was/am... it just didn't come up in our IM chats and Jolli-jeep conversations. Then again, how would one breach that topic?
In hindsight, I think I understand your predicament. We've known each other for, what, eleven months? And based on how I knew you... mataray pa rin ba ang first impression sa 'yo? Hehe! No wonder pinag-training ka ng boss mo!
BTW, the rumors were true. Let's just leave it at that. 
Yes, I'm working as a support supervisor here in Dubai. Same old, same old. Ikaw, ano na nangyari sa 'yo? Last I heard you transferred to another IT company? Akala ko ba you wanted to switch careers?
Take care of yourself. I hope you're doing okay, too. And I hope you find the... closure(?) you're looking for. 
Keep in touch!
- Miro 
(I decided to keep using your nickname here. Mas mabenta sa mga Arabo eh. LOL!)
PS: I just remembered the "Heartbreaker" choreo you did during our Xmas party. Nakakatawa ka nun!
Message received 4 hours ago.

No comments: