Sunday, December 28, 2008

my (post-)christmas wish list (2008)

I've been making gaya to Pia's list since 2006. Hehe. Whatever. It's fun to do.

This was supposed to be my Christmas wish list, but oh look at the date. Hehe. Better late than later never. ;-) Besides, as per.. erm... "tradition", I've the entire next year to hope that they come true (or make them come true, as what has been my track record).

Here's my list last year:
  1. Boyfriend? HAHAHAHAHA! *sings* "All I want for Christmas is youuuu..."
  2. Own laptop, specifically a MacBook (black), because it is cool (finally tried one for myself).
  3. A new phone (iPhone?)
  4. Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. The illustrated editions.
  5. Original DVDs of my favorite TV shows (too many to mention... House and Prison Break still among them)
  6. Trip: out of country conferences, off-site work, or (and especially) leisurely vacations. Hopefully somewhere overseas for the first two; Mactan, Boracay, or Bohol for the last.
  7. Something kinky. And hopefully useful as well. Hehe!
  8. Salary increase. One that would really matter and not just in terms of taxes.
  9. One-year subscription for Entertainment Weekly and Out magazine.
  10. Health, wealth, and prosperity for my family and to all of us (naks!).
Three (or 2.75) out ten. Tsk. Major drop from the previous year. And like I said, these were self-fulfilling wishes -- I'm still paying off my iPhone, for one. BTW, I didn't cross out #10 because I realized that's something that needs constant wishing and doing. (And yes, the economic brouhaha also made a slight impact.)

Here's my list this year:
  1. Boyfriend? HAHAHAHAHA! *sings* "All I want for Christmas is youuuu..." [I really should be doing something about this... more resolve for next year!]
  2. Own laptop, preferably a MacBook, just because it is cool, or one of those cute netbooks (I'm heart-ing the Lenovo S10 at the mo').
  3. Another external HDD, because the old one is consistently running out of space
  4. My own car
  5. Trip: out of country conferences, off-site work, or (and especially) leisurely vacations. Hopefully somewhere overseas for the first two; Mactan, Boracay, or Bohol for the last.
  6. A new pair of kick-ass shoes. Brown ones, preferably loafers as per my image consultant. Hehe.
  7. Several books and original DVDs that are too many to mention (and I'm making up -- will make up -- a separate list as I go along)
  8. A savings account with at least six figures in it (I'm really hoping my investments pick up by then)
  9. Subscriptions for Entertainment Weekly, Out, and DNA magazines.
  10. Health, wealth, and prosperity for my family and to all of us (naks!).

No comments: