Wednesday, July 27, 2005

can't lose what you never had

Fear of rejection, kept my love inside
I told my heart I didn't want you but I lied

I just turned 22 last Sunday. As I had expected, it's kinda boring like the numbers itself. It's not like turning 18 or 21, when one supposedly comes of age. And it's still three years short before I can undergo what the yuppies would like to call the "quarter-life crisis". For some reason though, the song has been playing in my mind since last week. Even now, three days after my birthday, I still have a somewhat depressing case of last-song syndrome:

I don't care if you think I'm crazy
It doesn't matter if it turns out bad
I've got no fear of losing you
You can't lose what you never had

Admittedly, it is my favorite tune off Westlife's first album. Still, even for me who've had a downer of a week prior to the [unceremonious] celebration -- the boo-hoo ending of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (still love the storyline though), uncharacteristically tiring days at work, and finally, the service wiring in our house getting fried during a thunderstorm -- the song is a bit... off-topic, for a lack of better term.

Now I'm gonna confess that I love you
I've been keeping it inside
Feeling I could die

I guess the virgin mode is kicking again. Although, shouldn't I be signing Elton John's Are You Ready For Love first? For someone who's lacking experience in that department, I seem to be jumping ahead to the unrequited stuff.

Or am I?

Now if you turn away, baby that's okay
At least we'll have a moment
Before you say goodbye
You can't lose what you never had