Tuesday, December 31, 2013

pop culture rundown 2013

This is inspired by the "best of" lists I've been seeing in my news feeds during the past couple of days. I actually can't believe I haven't done something similar (and regular) before.

Anyway, while I am still pondering on how my year was (i.e., while still trying to come up with a more serious blog post like the years past), in no particular order...



10 Best Films I've Seen In 2013:
  • Despicable Me 2
  • Frozen
  • Iron Man 3
  • Man of Steel
  • Monster's University
  • Now You See Me
  • The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
  • The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
  • The Wolverine
  • Thor: The Dark World

Best Eye-Candy Films of 2013:
  • Man of Steel
  • Now You See Me

Eye-Candy Film I Apparently Should Have Watched:
  • Pacific Rim

Films I Was Pleasantly Surprised With:
  • Now You See Me
  • On The Job
  • One Direction: This Is Us
  • Warm Bodies

Most Disappointing Films I've Seen in 2013:
  • C.O.G.
  • The Great Gatsby
  • Tuhog

10 Best Songs of 2013:
  • "#Beautiful" - Mariah Carey feat. Miguel
  • "Best Song Ever" - One Direction
  • "Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell
  • "Burn" - Ellie Goulding
  • "Everything Has Changed" - Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran
  • "Heart Attack" - Demi Lovato
  • "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk feat. Nate Reuss
  • "Let It Go" - Demi Lovat (from Frozen OST)
  • "Royals" - Lorde
  • "Work Bxxch!" - Britney Spears

Best Unreleased Singles of 2013:
  • "Pretty Hurts" - Beyonce
  • "Swine" - Lady GaGa
  • "Through the Dark" - One Direction
  • "Walking on Air" - Katy Perry

Best Albums of 2013:
  • ARTPOP - Lady GaGa
  • Holding My Breath - Jon McLaughlin
  • Midnight Memories - One Direction

Throwback Albums of 2013:
  • 2.0 - 98 Degrees
  • Roulette - Blue

Best TV Series (They Still Deliver!):
  • Arrow
  • Grimm
  • Scandal
  • Teen Wolf

Best Best New TV Series:
  • Broadchurch
  • Orphan Black

New TV Series I Was Pleasntly Surprised With:
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • Vicious

New TV Series That I Was (Slightly) Disappointed With:
  • Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Eye-Candiest TV Series:
  • Teen Wolf

Best Books I've Read in 2013:
  • Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Saenz
  • Openly Straight - Bill Konigsberg

Books I Should've Finished in 2013:
  • Bossypants - Tina Fey
  • Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls - David Sedaris
  • The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell - Chris Colfer
  • Two Boys Kissing - David Levithan

Books I Got in 2013 But Haven't Read (Yet):
  • A Once Crowded Sky - Tom King
  • Crazy Rich Asians - Kevin Kwan
  • Elliot Alagash - Simon Rich
  • Out of the Pocket - Bill Konigsberg
  • Someday Someday Maybe - Lauren Graham
  • The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbranth
  • Warm Bodies - Isaac Marion

No comments: