Thursday, November 13, 2008

every nine seconds

"They say men think about sex every 28 seconds. Of course, that's straight men. With gay men, it's every nine."
-- Michael Novotny, Queer as Folk
I was not surprised my sex life (or lack thereof) became, once again, a topic of discussion a couple of days ago. Call it a post-team-building thing -- especially since it seems we never get tired of discussing it. Hehe.

Besides, like I said before, activities and experiences like that make one do some introspection... do some sort of action items (read: lists, which I've yet to complete). And the one that keeps popping up regardless of who I talk to is this: I should be more aggressive in the dating scene.

After all, quoting Bob Ong (daw):
Kung maghihintay ka nang lalandi sayo, walang mangyayari sa buhay mo... Dapat lumandi ka din.
(Side note: why is it that Bob Ong and his quotes are circulating in the blogosphere recently? I've read this in at least three blogs. May bago ba syang book na kaka-publish lang? Maybe I should start reading his works na.)

That's another thing -- start (re)reading. And not just fiction... I should teach myself to appreciate work-related, non-fiction books more, despite that initial ehh feeling that, you know, they're meant to brainwash the masses.

Wait, I remember saying this a while ago. So:
  1. Be more aggressive in the dating scene
  2. Read more
  3. Write more (and start that dratted novel-version of this blog)
  4. Take chances
  5. Follow through goddammit
Still thinking of other things to add...

* * *
"...these days it takes real guts to be a Queen in a world full of commoners."
-- Michael Novotny, Queer as Folk

No comments: