Friday, July 04, 2008

this shit's making me crazy...

(Borrowing Ina's blog entry title... Hehe. Anyway, this is a sort of an un-related topic.)

I'm not the type of person who picks a couple of lines from a book or a poem (or verses of a song for that matter) and make interpretations out of it. At least, not if 1) I know the material in its entirety (read: read it/listened to it), and; 2) I've read it/listened to it so many times that I can say I'm an "expert" on it... and even that so-called "expertise" is bound for more questions.

My point is, I rarely compare people, events, and products (sounds like a section from Inquirer)... or love and life, to some lyric I've heard. These days though, after listening to Alanis' new album in repeat mode (hence the title... and I guess criterion #1 is met?), I'm beginning to make some associations. Is it healthy? Not really. Nasty? Hell yeah.

Take for instance my previous Maroon 5 post. *ehem* So, taking a cue from Macky's playlist, I'm going to compile my own. For a different reason nga lang. :P Tamaan na lang ang guilty. HAHAHAHA!

Since I mentioned Alanis, let's start with her "Straitjacket":
You say one thing, do another
And argue that's not what you did

Still from Alanis, from "Not As We":
For now I'm faking it
'Til I'm pseudo-making it

From Mika's "Grace Kelly"... Eric was the first one to mention this weeks ago, though during that time I didn't see the connection:
I could be brown, I could be blue
I could violet sky
I could be hurtful, I could be purple
I could be anything you like

Ay konti pa lang pala. Hehe. Hm. I should start listening to other artists again. Maybe Natasha Bedingfield next week. We are moving to the 15th floor after all (after four years in the fourteenth... *sigh* I'll miss certain people... :P). New floor, new soundtrack itow!

No comments: