Monday, August 22, 2005

westlife's mark feehily comes out

Mark_1 Apparently, this is sort of old news already. Nevertheless, the full story of his coming out -- exclusive from The [Daily] Mirror -- can be read here.

Some excerpts from the said article:

WESTLIFE star Mark Feehily...opened his heart yesterday to reveal that he is gay.

The 25-year-old pin-up said: "I want people to know the truth. I am gay and I'm very proud of who I am.

"I'm not asking for sympathy, or to be a role model for someone else.

"I simply felt it was the right time to tell the truth."

Mark, who is in a relationship with singer Kevin McDaid, 21, said: "In the past I haven't felt the need to say anything about my sexuality.

"But I want people to know I'm very comfortable with who I am."

That explains why he dyed his hair blonde before. *snigger* Seriously, from one gay guy to another (and a Westlife fan at that), I'm very happy for him. ^_^ And jealous, since he's got a hubby for himself. Darn.