Saturday, May 28, 2005

carrie-d away

Carrie Underwood was crowned the latest American Idol last Wednesday (Thursday in Manila time), capping the series of finales of my must-see TV shows for this season.

There was, of course, The Amazing Race and Survivor finales (Tom won! Whoo!) the other week. When Carrie and Bo Bice were facing off on Tuesday, Sergio "The Latin Snake" Mora won the title of The Contender  -- not that I ever watched the show, especially since Jesse Brinkley, who was the only reason for what little interest I have for the series, came only in fourth place. *sigh* And even though I've yet to watch the rest of Desperate Housewives, and Lost, their first season ended on Sunday and Wednesday, respectively. Based on the reviews, it looks so promising I better ask T to hurry up with our "pirated" versions in VCD and do a two-day catch-up marathon myself. ^_^

* * *

Speaking of finales, this will be last weekend in night shift -- for now, that is -- as by June we will be swapping schedules with the current morning shift. Normally our schedule changes every two months, which gives me enough time to miss the morning or the night schedule without killing myself with the body clock changes. Heehee. Given the series of unfortunate events at work though, I would rather much stay in the night shift... Oh well...

* * *

I just came up with my own code names for my crushes at work. Amazing. *rolls eyes* Eric and Kat somehow inspired me to do so. *snort*

Anyway, the first one will henceforth be called "The Gingerbread Man". He was the one whom I first lusted over just after four days of working in the company (it didn't help that that fourth day was the company outing). The second one, aka "The Ring Bearer", is like the current pop-culture crush of the homos: one moment they don't give him the time of day, until one thinks he's cute and all of sudden everyone's drooling over him.

Both of them are straight -- or bi-curious at least *fingers crossed* and currently "in a relationship". Ugh. Add the fact that being the virgin queen that I am, I tend to shy away from them, or act like a bossy, know-it-all bitch in the clinical-psychology-defense-mechanism sense, so there's no real interaction among us. Typical.

Of course, I do flirt with them once in while (I'm not that prude... if I can be called one). For one, being addressed as "sir" can be titillating... *evil grin*. And let's just leave it at that. ^_^