Wednesday, January 21, 2009

lost in translation, part 2

Following my last post on the subject, JM forwarded this list of notable and not-so-quotable quotes lifted from various social networking profiles (she also posted them in her blog). Which reminded me of not only another one of my previous posts, but also this one from Rai:


Makes me wonder which problem is bigger... which one the was root cause and which one was the effect? Did too much dependence on the native language resulted in (what appears to be) transliteration because people will get the message anyway, or did poor English trickle down to poor translation?

(And I'm sounding all high and mighty again.)

Or have I missed a train on some fad/culture the young'uns are into these days? Am I that old?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, can we exchange link? TENKS. http://iub-zyann.blogspot.com